Friday, June 12, 2015

Watercolor Wings - How to and a card

I had a lot of fun today making sample colours for the new stamp set "Watercolor Wings".  Going through this exercise reminded me of the SAB Lotus Blossom stamp set where 3 colours were used to stamp the flower.

First of all, I'm going to start with a card I made using this stamp set,






  •  The basic cardstock is Tip Top Taupe layered with Whisper white cardstock.  Before adhering the Whisper white cardstock to the card base, a piece of 1" Tip Top Taupe dotted lace ribbon was attached.  A second piece of ribbon was ruffled using a needle and linen thread and attached on top of the first ribbon with glue dots.
  • The image panel is Go Wild DSP  matted with Tip Top Taupe.
  • The butterfly was stamped first with Tip Top Taupe (stamped off), then Tip Top Taupe (full strength), and finally Black Memento.  The body is Tip Top Taupe, as are the antennae.  Some white dots, using a white gel pen were applied to the black dots at the bottom.
  • The butterfly was die cut using the new coordinating "Bold Butterfly Framelits.  A second butterfly in Tip Top Taupe was die cut and the two were adhered in the middle, so the wings can flap.
  •  A piece of Whisper White cardstock was die cut using the new "Lots of Labels Framelits".  Before matting it with a Basic Black framelit, it was embossing using the Boho Chic embossing folder.  This unit was then adhered to the DSP panel near the top.
  • Tip Top Taupe ink was used to stamp the sentiment from "Another Thank You".  It was punched using the small oval punch, layered with a 1 1/4" Tip Top Taupe circle and finally a Basic Black modern word label punchie.  It was adhered at the bottom of the image panel.
  • I will put my supply list at the bottom of this post.
Now, for the "how to"  Watch Patty Bennett's video.

I learned a lot watching it.  She has some neat ideas, so rather than reinvent the wheel, I am going to embed the video in this post:



I have made my own colour samplers, some of which are the same as Patty's, but some are different.








Any colour combination can be used.  I actually went to Pinterest where I have a folder on butterflies, and they were useful in stimulating some of my colour choices.


Have fun!


Supply list for my card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


1 comment:

Patty Bennett said...

Wow.. love your great color combos!!!