Thursday, May 21, 2015

Horses - Trifold shutter card

Remember the horse stamp from years ago that was absolutely beautiful?  And everyone is looking for it now?  I found a stamp set (non SU) that reminded me of that stamp set and I just had to buy it.  I also had a horst stamp set that again was retired and I've have been holding on to.

At the craft show on the weekend I stamped multiple images of all the horses as well as other more current images, and sat and coloured.  A lot of children came over to see what I was doing, and pulled their parents along with them.  With parental permission, I gave each of the children a small coloured picture.

With the pictures of the horses I had left over, I made into a trifold shutter card.  I found a video on You Tube that helped me refresh my memory on how to make this card fold.

After making the Soft Suede trifold shutter base, all the edges were sponged with Soft Suede beige.  Soft Suede DSP, with edges sponged, were adhered in the various spaces.

The pictures of the horses were trimmed to size, and placed where you see them.  They had been stamped with stazon ink and coloured with a combination of markers and copic markers. On the two end pieces the image pieces were adhered to a piece of Soft Suede cardstock, the ends of which had been punched with the new double sided tag punch.

Sentiment is from "A Dozen Thoughts"

Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Very nice! I wish the picture was bigger - it is hard to see all your beautiful details.