Friday, May 8, 2015

Double sided Step card - a Retirement card (Non SU)

I was asked to make a card for a pastor who is retiring from his church.  The person asking saw the double sided step card I had made and she requested that I use that style of card.

This is what she wanted me to include on the card:  He plays the piano and music is an important part of his life.  He is going to retire to his cabin and spend time on his boat.  He is also a very creative person.

Although he likes the colour blue, I did not make the card blue, but used a heavier cardstock, the Kraft cardstock so the card would stand up better.  Blue, however, is incorporated into the sky.

The background was made the week before the blendabilities were discontinued, but I had these left over so I used them.

 Front View

You probably recognize the Stampscape stamps.  I was "into" these kind of stamps before I became a demonstrator, and still love them.  You can create so many scenes with them.  For this card I used 14 different stamps.

The images were stamped with Memento ink, and some were colored over with blendabilities.  The cabin was stamped twice, the second one cut out and superimposed over the first one to make it stand out a little more.

The piano keys were made using the word window punch in black and white.




Side View

Hope he likes the card.

No comments: