Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Choose Happiness - Technostamper 363

It's nice to have the time to participate in sketch challenges again.  I have been so preoccupied getting ready for craft shows and plant sales.  My craft shows are done until the end of June, and my plant sale is the end of May.  Most of the perennials have now been split and repotted.  I just have to label them and I'm all set.

Today I'm doing the sketch challenge with Technostamper . 
The challenge is now every first and third Monday so I did not feel pressured to get the challenge done in time.

For the sketch challenge I decided to make a shaker card using the self adhesive Fun Foam I had bought for my grandchildren.  And, instead of a circle, I used a floral design using the Floral Frames which are about to retire.  The stamp set I used was "Choose Happiness".

To create the shaker element, a piece of fun foam (the colour doesn't matter) was cut 1/8" smaller than my piece of Whisper White cardstock.
After adhering the DSP strip, the 3 layers were die cut using the Floral Framelit.  The die did not cut through all 3 layers, but it left enough of an impression on the Fun Foam that I was able to match the frame to the impression and die cut the foam.

A piece of window sheet was then adhered to the wrong side of the Whisper white/DSP piece.
Using Tombo glue, the fun foam was  adhered to the Whisper White/DSP piece, matching up the floral images as closely as possible.

On a separate piece of Whisper White card stock, the sentiment from "choose Happiness" was stamped using Coastal Cabana ink.  It was die cut using a smaller floral framelit and adhered to the cardstock base using Tombo glue. I had previously placed a mark where the midpoint of this piece should be adhered.  This I let dry really well before I added the In Color sequins.

Close up of shaker element of card

While that was drying, the bird from the stamp set was stamped with Coastal Cabana ink and cut out.  The edges were sponged with Bermuda Bay ink.

I was taken by surprise as to how sticky that fun foam was!  It was really difficult to get the front of the card on straight as my fingers kept sticking to the foam.  However, it is a neat way to make a shaker card seeing as the shaker frames will be retiring.

The bird was adhered at the lower right of the frame using a dimensional.

Supplies I used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

MJ said...

You are always so busy with shows and such, good for you. It is great to have you play along with my sketch challenge too. Such a great card, and a shaker too, love that! Awesome job, thanks so much for playing along.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...