Thursday, February 5, 2015

Happy Birthday - Celebrate Today - A Shaker Card - TSSC # 352

This birthday card was inspired by a video I saw on You Tube done by C.L. Budhal here.  I did make a number of changes as I was making this shaker card for the sketch challenge with Technostamper at this site

It was fun making a shaker card again, but I must admit it took a bit of trial and error.  The video helped a lot, but I still made a lot of mistakes - like forgetting to attach the window sheet before applying the foam tape. Ugh!  However, I got through it, and I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

 

Using a piece of DSP 3 5/16 by 4 12/16" a balloon was die cut near the top in the middle, using the Balloon framelits.
A Lost Lagoon mat 4 14/16 by 3 10/16" was placed under the DSP to determine the placement of the sentiment in the middle of the balloon die cut.  The sentiment was stamped in Versa Mark and embossed with silver embossing powder.  I also embossed some elements from the Perpetual Birthday stamp set.
Turning the DSP over, I first attached a 3 by 3" piece of clear window sheet, and then attached  a double layer of foam tape around the balloon and all the way to the bottom of the DSP.
I placed a little bit of In Color sequin assortment in a pile on the sentiment on the Lost Lagoon cardstock, and gently placed the taped DSP centered over the sentiment. P.S. Remove the protective layer of the tape first.

A piece of Hello Honey cardstock was embossed with the Fancy Fan folder and attached to the DSP below the balloon, and a piece of ribbon applied over the seam.
The sentiment is from "Remembering Your Birthday".

The basic card is Lost Lagoon, layered with Whisper White.  On this layers, near is the bottom is attached a Smokey Slate cardstock piece embossed with the Decorative Dots folder. 

Here are the products I used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Jonia said...

Maria I just love your shaker card. Very nice and thanks for playing along with our Monday Lunchtime sketch this week.

MJ said...

Super cute, love that you made it a shaker! What a fun card. You did a great job with the sketch, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!