Sunday, February 22, 2015

Another St. Patrick's Treat Container

This time I used the retired Mini Milk Carton die to make these cute treat containers for St. Patrick's Day.  I only made 5 of them as St. Patrick's Day is not celebrated as much as Valentine's Day.  Of course I'm only surmising, as this is a community with strong Irish roots.  I might be surprised!

I made most of them using Basic black cardstock, but one I made using DSP.  I like the black ones the best.  The DSP was cut at 1 3/8 by 1 3/4" and attached before the box was folded.

The shamrock was made using the small heart punch on green glimmer paper.  They were adhered to a 1 3/8" black circle.

Using the crop-a-dile, a hole was punched in the top, and a ribbon thread through it to keep the treat in the box.  I also thread an extra piece of ribbon through this hole and tied the ends in a knot so that I could hand it up on a stand that I have with arms on it.

The embellishment on the top was store bought, but the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny wishes.

No comments: