Sunday, January 11, 2015

Altered Valentine Journal with Eggshell Mosaic Heart

I purchased a Christmas apiral Journal at Target for $1.00.  The journal included a pen which you will see in the spine of the journal.
I had some retired Valentine paper (not enouth to cover both front and back - so I used 2 different kinds and covered the seam with a strip or Real Red cardstock) so decided to make it into a Valentine journal.

 But I wanted to try a technique first.  This technique will be done in class in the next month or so, so I wanted to be sure I could do it.  The technique is the Eggshell Mosaic Background, and the tutorial is on Splitcoaststampers here

I knew I was going to do this technique so I have been saving egg shells since Christmas.

So, yesterday I die cut a heart using the Heart framelits using SU's Coaster Board (you need a thick cardstock for this so the Coaster Board is perfect) and using the tutorial I finished the project.  Only instead of Alcohol inks, I used Alcohol and reinkers (Real Red and Pink Pirouette)

This heart became the focal image of the Journal.


The eggshell mosaic heart was attached to a doilie die cut using the Darling Doilie thinlet die.  I die cut it in Whisper White, but using heat and stick powder I applied Halogram glitter to it.

The rose I made using the Fun Flower die and Pink Pirouette paper.  The smaller roses are from retired Artisan Embellishment kit.

The word "LOVE" is White Simply Pressed Clay using the Alphanumeric Simply Pressed Clay Mold.  The letters were coloured using SU markers (Real Red and Pink Pirouette).  The clay heart was coloured with a Coastal Cabana marker.  After they were adhered to the journal and the glue was dry I added Dazzling diamonds to them.

I made the corner pieces using a retired Square scallop punch and a 1 1/4" square punch.

Some lace ribbon was added along the spine of the journal.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


In addition I used a Pink Pirouette marker and a sizzlet leaf die (retired)

1 comment:

Jane said...

What a fabulous technique. It looks fabulous. It gives a lot of dimension .to your project.