Monday, December 8, 2014

Cardinal Peace on Earth - Sweet Sunday Sketch #248

I'm in the mood for making birds using the Bird Builder Punch.  All afternoon I worked on making a Blue Jay, but it didn't come out to my satisfaction, so I defaulted on cardinals.  I knew I could make them.
I thought the cardinals would look great in the sketch challenge with Sweet Sunday Sketch here and I'm quite pleased with the way the card turned out.





The cardinals were made first, using scraps of Real Red, Basic Black and Summer Starfruit.  A white gel pen was used for the eye.
All the edges were sponged with Real Red ink to give the bird some dimension.
I had intended for all the birds to be facing one way, but when I had them done, two were facing in a different direction.  Never mind.  I made it work.  They were mounted (with dimensionals) on 1 3/8" squares of Kraft cardstock whose edges had been sponged with Garden Green ink.

The basic card is Garden Green, matted with Whisper White cardstock, and then Nordic Noel DSP.  I placed a Mossy Meadow ribbon on the left just underneath the squares.

The sentiment is from "Greetings of the Season" ,is stamped using Garden Green ink, and die cut using the Labels framelit.  The Labels framelit was also used to mat the Whisper White die cut.

Here is a list of the supplies used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: