Sunday, November 16, 2014

Lindsay Craft Show Day 2

I'm tired!  It's been 2 days of intensive selling without too many breaks.

Again there were a lot of individuals looking for card making classes, and towards the end of the day I found someone who teaches classes in Lindsay - and she uses Stampin' Up materials.  She's not totally set up to teach yet as she's new to the area as well, but will e-mail me when she is and I will refer everyone from Lindsay to her.  I'm really glad I found her because the highway between Lindsay and Peterborough can be quite treacherous in the winter and I'd hate to have someone hurt just to drive to a card making class in Peterborough.  It seems scrapbooking and card supply stores are closing all over the area.  The one in Lindsay closed about 4 years ago, and even their dollar store does not carry craft items any more.  Their closest craft supply store is Peterborough, or Oshawa. That's why I handed out so many catalogues this weekend.

There was a steady flow of people coming to my booth.  Sales were down somewhat but I was expecting that.  The sales of the second day of a 2 day show are always less.  One item I could not keep on the table today were the Stepper Boxes.  I managed to made just one last night (I was too tired to make more) and it sold within 5 minutes.  I did precut materials to make 2 more boxes at the craft show but that was all I could manage.  After I made one, it was almost sold out from under my nose and it wasn't even decorated.
You can see the finished box in the upper right of the picture.  The second box is well under construction and I did manage to finish it today.
Other popular items:  owl bookmarks, butterfly bookmarks, trivets, tags, and Christmas cards.

Someone even wanted to buy the Christmas tree I had made from old Christmas ornaments which had lost their tops.  I had hot glued them to a pyramide piece of styrofoam.  Mind you it did look nice, but had sustained a bit of travel fatigue and I couldn't in good conscious sell it.

 On the way home it was snowing, and highway 7 was closed from Lindsay to Omemee.  I was directed onto a country road I had never seen before, hoping it went somewhere I could return to Peterborough.  After quite a drive, I came across  highway, the name of which I recognized, and I felt oh so relieved because I knew it went to Omemee. Because of this detour the drive home took 1/2 an hour longer.

Total sales:  $350.00.

Next craft sale is on Friday at North Cavan Public School, a fund raiser for the school.  In the meantime I am getting ready for my all day card making class a week from today.  No rest for the wicked.

No comments: