Saturday, January 11, 2014

Valentine Paper Mug

After searching for something 3D to make in my Valentine's Day class, I came across a video on how to make paper mugs.  Perfect!!
Here is the mug I made.




I used the tutorial from this video here .  I chose not to do the stamping, which is excellently shown on this video.

Dimensions to make the mug are as follows:
1.  Card stock or designer paper 8 1/2 by by 4 1/2"
2.  Cut a 1 1/2 by 4 1/2" piece of cardstock/DSP for the handle
2.  On the 4 1/2" side score at 1 1/2"
3.  On the 8 1/2" side score at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8"
Follow the instructions in the video on how to make the mug.
It's fairly easy and filled with candy/object makes a wonderful gift/favour.  I chose to fill it with Valentine kisses

I made the mug using Real Red cardstock, and placed Red Glimmer hearts between each score line.  A piece of  gold sequin trim was attached around the bottom.  Then the mug was glued to a doilie using a hot glue gun.
The roses were made using the spiral flower die - one in Pink Pirouette, one in Primrose petals and the third in Very Vanilla.

No comments: