Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy Together

I'm a real coffee drinker so when I saw the Perfect Blend stamp set I just had to have it.  I plan on making one of these for St. Patrick's day class, so you might say this was my trial run.


The base card is Crumb Cake, layered with Afternoon Picnic DSP the edges of which were sponged with Crumb Cake ink.  I then attached a 1 1/4" burlap ribbon just below the half way point of the card.
On a scrap piece of Whisper White paper, I stamped 2 coffee cups using Black Stazon ink, and coloured then both using a Crumb Cake marker and a blender pen.  I also stamped 2 images on some DSP from the Fresh Prints Designer paper stack and cut out the cup cozy and attached them to the coloured coffee cups.  The entire coffee cup was then sponged with Crumb Cake ink.
On one cup I attached two Pool Party flowers punched with the mini flower punch.  Rhinestones were placed in the middle.  The leaves were hand cut using green Gumball card stock.  On the other coffee cup I attached a Pool Party designer button with a bow of White Baker's twine on top of it.
The cups were attached to the card as indicated in the picture above.

Stamps: Perfect Blend, A Dozen Thoughts
Inks: Black Stazon, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake marker
Papers: Crumb Cake,  Afternoon Picnic DSP, Whisper White, Fresh Prints DSP, Pool Party, Gumball Green
Accessories: Small flower punch, rhinestones, Pool Party designer button, White Baker's twine, 1 1/4" Burlap ribbon, glue dots

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! Love your St. Patrick's Day idea.