Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Trick or Treat - Try Stampin' on Tuesday #138

What beautiful weather we have been having!  It's hard to believe that Halloween is only 4 weeks away.  I've been out in the garden the last week or see putting it to bed - a hard task when the weather is so gorgeous and the flowers are still blooming.  But I know the weather can change just like that at this time of year, so the geraniums are coming in and the rest of the perennials are being cut back.

This card is for the challenge with Try Stampin' on Tuesday here

 
 The challenge comes with a twist - to use the colours black and white and one other colour.  Because I have made a Halloween card, I chose Orange as my third colour.

Technique:
I stamped 4 of the witches hats from the Best of Halloween stamp set, cut them out, and attached them to a 1" white circle with a dimensional.
These were attached to a piece of Witches brew DSP which was backed with Whisper White card stock.

Stamp: Best of Halloween
Inks: Basic Black
 Papers: Basic Black, Whisper White, Witches Brew DSP
Accessories: Spider's web embossing folder, Dazzling details, dimensionals, 1" circle punch

5 comments:

Kathy S said...

Oh Maria,

This card is ADORABLE! I love the hats and the color choice. Perfect interpretation of the TSOT sketch. Great job! Hope to see more soon!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

I'm heading out to my garden this afternoon to get everything ready for winter too. :) It's been beautiful here in Michigan, but that can change so fast! Great Halloween card! Orange was the perfect choice for your third color. Thanks for playing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
Sara

stampwithamyk said...

I love it!! Fabulous witches hats and great colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Hope to see you again soon!

sue t. said...

I just love Halloween cards and yours is so much fun. I just love the witch hats. Hats off to you! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Claire Dale said...

Fab take on our sketch, love the orange!! Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday for our latest challenge!
Claire xx
TSoT DT