Monday, July 22, 2013

Crepe Filter Paper Flowers

These are some flowers I made out of crepe filter paper circles.  The crepe paper is available in the catalogue, or you can use coffee filter paper.  I used a video tutorial as my guide to making these flowers.  The video demonstrates how to made flowers using coffee filters, but the principle is the same.

I used a total of 6 crepe paper circles for this flower - 3 that were the 6" and 3 that were about 5" in diameter.
The three larger ones I dyed using Calypso Coral reinker in a bit of water; the three smaller ones Strawberry Slush reinker.  I just love the 2 colours together.
These flowers are so easy to make and they come together so quickly. All you need is crepe paper, a pair of scissors, a stapler and a piece of masking tape. The hardest part is waiting for the crepe paper to dry.

The lighting wasn't the best for this picture, but I made 3 of these flowers and made it into a bouquet.  This is the top view.





This shows the side view of the bouquet.

Here is the video:





No comments: