Sunday, December 23, 2012

Cross Stitched Simply Sent Cards

I was very excited when I saw the cross stitch Simply Sent card kit in the Spring catalogue.  And yes, I am a grandma, but I was cross stitching long before I was one.  I just love cross stitching -anyone who has seen my Christmas tree will tell you so.  90% of the ornaments on the tree are cross stitched, and one year all my Christmas cards were done using this technique.
The cross stitching is very easy to do.  The hardest thing about this kit is threading the needles, but that's probably due to  my aging eyesight.  The directions indicate that some experience with cross stitching is necessary, and I agree.

Here are the cards completed:

The kit contains everything you need to make the cards including:
  • Printed cards (4 of each color)
  • Envelopes
  • die cut pattern pieces with the needle holes already pierces
  • Embroidery floss in Primrose Petals and Lucky Limeade - enough to complete the cards
  • 2 needles
  • dimensionals
The kit makes 8 cards.

No comments: