Saturday, June 9, 2012

Strength & Hope - a repost

Today I walked down to Little Lake (and back)where the Dragon Boat Races were being held.  This is the farthest I have walked since my surgery (about 6 or 7 loooonnnggg blocks) and I'm feeling it.
I wanted to give credit to some marvelous ladies who survived breast cancer and are now racing boats to raise funds for cancer treatment.

I couldn't get too close to the dock because of the number of people and the tents that lined the shore.  You can see some of the tents in the distance.
Here the boats are at the dock. If you look closely you can see some of the racers are starting to climb in their boat ready to start their race.  There is another boat on the other side of the dock.

It's a close race coming back to the dock, but I think number 2 won by a nose.

I made this card a while ago, and thought I would repost it as it seemed appropriate. The stamp set "Strength & Hope" is now retired.
 

2 comments:

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Very pretty card, Maria, and very appropriate for this occasion. Thanks also for your kind words on my blog!!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Love this creation Maria ! Gorgeous colours & design. While at Crop Circles over the weekend, I saw many of your beautiful designs ! Thanks for sharing, Shirleyx