Monday, March 5, 2012

Who's Feeling Green? The Friday Mashup #48

I really wasn't feeling green - blue maybe, but I made a green (well green, white and black) card for the Friday Mashup challenge here

The challenge is below:

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project for "St. Patrick's Day".
  2. Or Make a project using "at least 2 Punches".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project for "St. Patrick's day using your Punches".



I don't really have any St. Patrick Day's stamps, but when I saw the Greeting Card Kids stamp set I had an Ah Ah moment.
First of all, let me explain how I made the designer paper.  Numerous small green hearts were punched using the small heart punch and adhered randomly to a piece of Whisper White card stock.  Then "Happy St. Patrick's Day" was stamped randomly as well (basic black ink).  Then, using the Square Lattice embossing folder, the 'designer paper' was run through the big shot, using a technique called "Inlaid Embossing"

The image was colored with SU markers and an Aqua painter.  The heart was replaced with 3 hearts from the Hearts embosslits  creating a clover, which was then covered with glitter.
The hearts framelits was used to cut out the image, and a 3 leaf clover was created for the background with the large heart punch.

Stamps: Greeting Card Kids, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Black Stazon, Basic Black
Papers: Garden Green, Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories: Punches:  small heart, 1 3/4 by 7/8" oval punch, large heart; Heart framelit, Fashionable hearts embosslit, Dazzling details, 5/8" black satin ribbon, Square lattice embossing folder, Polka dots embossing folder, dimensionals, glue dots

7 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Cute card, your image is so pretty and I like that she is layered over your shamrock.

Thanks for joining us Maria.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Cindy Major said...

What a cute idea for this set!

Lisa said...

Great use of this set and I like how you made your own DSP!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Paula Bee said...

What a cute image and I love how you have her holding a shamrock! Great card!!

Heidi Baks said...

I love the idea of using this cute girl for other holiday! I might have to try this!! Thanks for playing at the Mashup this week.

Rita W said...

Great way to change up that set! I love that idea and it turned out fabulous! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

hollybeary creations said...

I hope you aren't still feeling blue? This came out great! What a great idea to use the Greeting card kids and replace that heart with a shamrock! I love your new blog design too.. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.