Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Thank you Gift - Hand knitted Dishcloth

Lately I've been getting in touch with my roots.  I learned how to know when I was 2 years old, and have been knitting ever since.  Since I started Stampin' Up as a demonstrator the knitting was put aside.  A few weeks ago I felt the urge to pick up the knitting needles and made a few projects.
The few projects turned into many projects - mainly dishcloths as they knit up fast and I can try out so many different patterns.  They make great gifts for many occasions.
Tonight I have been invited out for dinner.  My mother always told me, when invited somewhere never come empty handed. So, I selected one of my dishclothes that had been knitted in the Raised Diamond pattern for this gift.  If you look closely at the picture you can see the diamonds.
Of course one can't just hand over a dishcloth without decorating it with Stampin' Up products.
I'll show you the picture first, and then explain the decoration details




Doesn't that color remind you of Daffodil Delight?
First I made a belly band using Whisper White Card stock, and layered it with a piece of Fabulous Florets designer paper.  Before attaching the DSP to the belly band some strips of Daffodil Delight were punched with the Scallop border punch and adhered to the wrong side.  This was then attached to the WW bellyband.  A piece of 3/8" Tangerine Tango taffeta ribbon (retired) was adhered to the middle of the DSP.
The focal image was stamped with Tangerine Tango and Basic Black on Whisper White card stock, using a retired stamp set: "It's a Wrap Occasions"  I think it was from the last mini catalogue.  The sentiment that was stamped in black was cut out and adhered to the top of the Tangerine Tango one.  The image was trimmed and attached to the Belly Band.
The Belly Band was wrapped around  the rolled up dish cloth and attached at the back with sticky strip.
Of course I had to put a bow on it and some dazzling details.

5 comments:

Nana2boys said...

Awe, how cute and how thoughtful you are.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Very nicely done Maria... my granddaughter has been making crocheted dishcloths... I love them.. thought about getting her the "hand knit by" set.. but she crochets!! Love your band!!!

theresa said...

I love this idea! I have been knitting dishcloths too and have quite a stash of them too! Now I need to think about prettying up their presentation!!

Kathleen Miller said...

I know how it is when you are multi crafted. It is hard to have enough hours in a day to do all of the crafts you want some times. Every once in a while I have to resort back to one of my other crafts because I miss them. But that is a nice idea using SU to gift wrap them in when giving them away have to give that a try next time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.