Thursday, February 2, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Card

Although I love making Valentine's Day Cards, I think I have enough for my Craft show, so today I'm making some St. Patrick's Day cards.  Hope you enjoy this one.


Stamp: Define Your Life (Lucky stamp) It's been a long time since I've used that stamp set.
Inks: Garden Green, Garden Green reinker
Paper: Garden Green, Whisper White, Designer Paper from the Hostess set paper pack.
Accessories: Framed Tulips embossing folder, Heart to Heart Punch, Two Step Bird Punch, 1" circle punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, Garden Green designer button, Diamond glitter, Stampin Dimensionals

Shamrock: The shamrock was made by punching 4 of the medium size hearts (Heart to Heart Punch) in Garden Green cardstock.  They were attached around a garden green 1" circle at the base of the heart.  The stem was punched using the leaf from the Two Set Bird Punch, and it was glued to the back with the stem emerging between the two upper chambers of the heart.
Because I didn't have the right colour of glitter, I made my own using dazzling diamonds and a few drops of Garden Green reinker. Mix the concoction well. Apply glue to the top of the completed Shamrock - including stem (I used the two way glue pen).  Place the shamrock, glued side down, into the garden green/dazzling diamonds mixture ensuring that the entire surface is covered well. That's all there is to it.

1 comment:

Kev Stevens said...

Your article on St Patricks Day was very informative and well written, thanks for sharing this information. St Patricks day celebrations