Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tidings of Joy - Hand Stamped Sentiments Clean & Simple #83

It's hard for me to create a card that is clean and simple, but I think I accomplished it today - mainly by sticking to only a few colours and keeping the colours muted.  I used no embellishments - well, a little glitter, but stars do glitter--- Sorry, couldn't resist.
Simplicity was the challenge with Hand Stamped Sentiments this week here - to prove that "less is more".

Here's my card:

Stamp: Tidings of Johy
Inks: Black Stazon, Black marker, Watercolor crayons
Papers: Soft suede, So Saffron, Watercolor paper
Accessories: Aqua painter, paper crimper, Dazzling details, dimensionals

8 comments:

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Love this! I have yet to use this set but it's so cute. Your card is so sweet and a little glitter never hurt anyone:-) Thanks for playing along at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Krista said...

No need for embellishments with this stamp!! It tells the story, but I agree, glitter is a must for a star. :) Great job coloring and the colors are a very nice choice. Thank you for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Shannon said...

I think simple is more for this card and its message. Love it! It is perfect for the nativity scene and of course glitter is a must for the star. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

Just a Thought... said...

What a sweet card!!! Glitter? The more the merrier in my book!! :C) Lovely!! Thank you for participating in Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge!! Amy

Anonymous said...

I love how you colored the image the muted colors are perfect for your card. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

inkedx2 said...

Love that image. Great simple layout for a Christmas card you could mass produce. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow! This is CAS perfection I love how the beautiful image takes center stage with just the perect amount of detail. So beautiful, in every way! The glittery star is a wonderful finishing touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments! :)

Erin Gonzales said...

I LOVE your card, it totally gets me in the mood for Christmas!! I also get stressed that I myself haven't started on my own cards yet... I LOVE your coloring and the simplicity of the card is just so lovely!!! Thanks for sharing with us at HandStampedSentiments.