Friday, September 23, 2011

The Stockings Were Hung... Unscripted Sketches #124

I woke up early this morning and for some reason I was having  memories of Christmases when my children were little.  Every Christmas I hung a different colored stocking, one for each child, on the mantle, and filled them with "goodies".  I can still visualize my middle child (who loves chocolate) sitting on his father's lap with the stocking contents spilled onto his lap, but all he wanted was the chocolate bar -which he promptly began eating smearing chocolate all over the place.
Sometimes sketches "speak to me" and this one with Unscripted Sketches here said "The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...."


 This is the card I created:


The card is bigger than I usually make - 5 1/2 by 5 1/2.  I needed that size to get the 3 stockings on the card.

Stamps: Stitched Stockings, Come to Bethlehem
Inks: Old Olive, Real Red ink & marker, Early Espresso ink & marker, Garden green marker.
Papers: Real Red, Whisper White, Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Paper, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Silver Glitter, Red glitter
Accessories: Stocking Builder Punch, Owl Builder Punch, Bird Builder Punch, 1/2" circle punch, Postage stamp punch, 1 1/4" square punch, 3/8" white taffeta ribbon, Pearls, Dazzling diamonds, dimensionals, Baker's twine (white/cherry cobbler)

2 comments:

rudlis said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches.

Linda Beeson said...

Super cute card, loving the little stockings and great use of the Unscripted sketch.