Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Soltice- Creative Sketches

The surgery went well, but I am frustrated by the inability to be mobile.  I have discovered that I can make some cards while in bed.  It takes some planning----
Here is my card for the challenge with Creative Sketches

Stamp: Summer Soltice, Field Flowers
Inks: Black Stazon, Early Espresso, Watercolor crayons
Papers: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Pocketful of Posies designer paper
Accessories: Lots of Tags die - image 2, Oval punch, Aqua painter, rhinestones, Scallop border punch

The oval center of the tag die was removed, and replaced with a Whisper White punched image of the flower from the stamp set. The oval was liberally sponged with Early Espresso prior to attaching it to the Crumb Cake frame.

3 comments:

Karen Rossiter said...

So happy to hear that all went well. This is a very beautiful card. Don't feel bad, I drop everything on the floor and I'm sitting up. I'm sure I couldn't do it laying down.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

This is beautiful Maria!! Glad you're doing well!! Thanks for making a card for our sketch!

Cynthia said...

Very nice card, love the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at creative-sketches this week!