Friday, August 19, 2011

Santa Mitt Gift Card Holder

I cased this Santa's mitt gift holder from the Idea Book & Catalogue Pg. 168, although I did change the colors in the mitt and added different embellishments. The template for the mitt I found on the Demonstrator web site.

After cutting out 2 mitts in Riding Hood Red, I machine sewed the outer edges together - leaving the cuff end open.
Images were stamped on the mitt using Versa mark.
The cuff was cut using Whisper White.  Then with the Scallop border punch I alternately layered 3 different colors.
The cuff was attached to the front of the mitt at a slight angle, and the gift card inserted .

Stamps: Dasher, Snow Swirled, Tiny Tags
Inks: Basic Black, Versa mark
Papers: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, More Mustard, Basic Gray
Accessories: Stitched Felt winter wishes, Jewelry tag punch, Scallop border punch, Red/white Baker\s twine, sewing machine





Close up of cuff and embellishment

1 comment:

Patrice Herrera said...

Oh I just love this mitten and the way you dressed it up! Just Lovely, I hope you are feeling better my friend!