Friday, August 19, 2011

Retirement Chairs - Sketch Frenzy Friday

It's hard to believe that it's 3 weeks since my surgery - and I have been given permission to be up and about as much as I want - as I long as I wear the Air Boot I was fitted with.  The incisions are healing well, but are still painful.
Summer is rapidly coming to a close and children are getting ready to go back to school.  The days are getting shorter, and the temperatures outside are cooling down. Since there's nothing much we can do to slow down the changing seasons, we might as well embrace the changes.
Talk about changes - I recently retired, and that was a very stressful time for me, but I embraced the change and am now beginning to enjoy myself.
That's why today's card sample, using the sketch provided by Angela Walkers, is about retirement.
Please join Sketch Frenzy Friday in another Friday blog hop.


08/19/11  Angela Walters




Stamps: Have a Seat, Teeny tiny wishes
Inks: Early Espresso
Papers: Early Espresso, River Rock, Whisper White, Well Worn Designer Paper
Accessories: Vintage Brads, 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, Word Window punch, 3/4 X 15/16 punch, 1 3/4 X 7/8" Oval Punch, dimensionals, glue dot.



Please don't get the idea that since I have retired I am sitting around.  I am busier now than ever before.  The chairs are a symbol of taking life at a slower pace, of taking it easy, of enjoying life more.








Now its your turn to make something using the sketch.  Then upload it to the Sketch Frenzy Friday homepage here.
Your next stop is Patricia's blog here.  You'll be delighted by what she has created.  Don't forget to check out the other team members blogs, and leave a comment for them.  The names and addresses are in the sidebar.

4 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

So glad your recovery is going so well!!! And, I love your card!!!

Deb said...

What a super great card! I love the idea of using the chair images for a retirement card! Great job!! Glad to hear you are up and around!

Robbie said...

Cute card! Love the idea of retirement chairs.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Like your card. Everyone I know that has retired days the same thing - busier now than they were when working. But it is a fun busy.

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers