Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gently Falling

I'm doing well this week (sarcasm).  I missed the deadline for posting this card for Pal Paper Arts.  That's two times I've done that this week.
It's probably because I am not feeling well.  I developed an infection in the foot that I had the surgery on. Talk about pain!!!!! I couldn't bear to wear the air boot, nor walk, lie down or sleep.  Thank goodness for my family doctor and his receptionist.  Normally it takes 2 weeks to get an appointment, but when i explained my situation, she got me in the next day.
By that time my foot was a dusky color, swollen, and his examination demonstrated decreased pulses and areas of localized swelling and hot red areas.
Because he was worried I might have developed a blood clot in my calf, he immediately sent me over to the Vascular lab to have my arteries and veins checked.  NO CLOTS
I am now on a hefty dose of antibiotics that I have to take 3 times a day.  This was started last night and believe it or not, my foot is somewhat better today.


Now, for today's card.  It's a fall card, suitable for Thanksgiving.

Stamps: Gently Falling, Day of Gratitude
Inks: Basic Black, (More Mustard, Pool Party, Soft Suede - ink and markers)
Papers: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Spice Cake designer paper.
Accessories: Square Lattice embossing folder, Word Label Punch, Modern Word Label Punch, Rhinestones, Stampin dimensionals, 1 3/8" square punch

The background for the leaf was made by randomly sponging More Mustard, Pool Party, and soft Suede on one 5 by 5" piece of Vanilla Card stock and blending the colours together.
Four 1 3/4" squares were punched out from this piece, and each square layered with a 1 1/2"  square of soft suede card stock.

The leaves were stamped using the 2 step stamping method. Using markers the 3 colours were randoming applied to each leaf (the more solid one) then stamped onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock.  Then the outline stamp was inked with Basic black ink and using the stamp-a-ma-jig, stamped over the coloured leaf.  Each leaf was then cut out, and with dimensionals was adhered to the coloured background and positioned so that it looked like each leaf was falling.

This close up of the leaves shows the background a bit better.

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just beautiful! And, I never would have guessed a blue and yellow ink to achieve that great greenish color. Hope that antibiotic kicks the infection right out of your body- scary!!!

Paula Stewart said...

Oh dear! Take care and get back on your feet fast!!

Debbie Martin said...

Glad to hear that you are getting better! Love the card, bought the set today.
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com