Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy birthday card sample - Sketch Frenzy Friday

Fridays sure come around fast and it's time for another blog hop with Sketch Fenzy Friday.
As most of you know, my surgery was cancelled due to complications.  It has been rescheduled for July 29.  In the meantime I continue to make sample cards for the sketch challenges.
Below is this week's sketch.



Here is my card:



I started coloring this little boy on the swing at one of my craft shows on the Canada Day weekend.  Many vendors and customers were straining their necks to see what I was doing.  Eventually, one by one they came over for a visit.
Later in the week I used it to make this card.
The boy on the swing is from the stamp set:  Recess.  I stamped it using Black Stazon, and then colored him with SU markers.  As I was coloring, I could hear the children playing outside during all the festivities and pictured him swinging from a tree in the playground after a birthday party - his.  Of course the balloons from the party had to go with him on the swing. The balloons are from Berry Best Friends
So, out came the stamp set:  Season of Friendship.  I only stamped part of the tree and one branch using Early Espresso ink, then stamped some leaves on the branch in Old Olive. A 1 3/8" circle punch was used to outline the image I wanted.  Then I cut out the boy on the swing and attached the swing handles to the tree branch.  I attached it on a slight angle to make it appear like he was swinging.  Can't you just hear him singing:  Happy Birthday to me,  Happy Birthday to me...
The scallop circle trim was created by first punching out several Scallop Circle  in Old Olive, cutting them in half and attaching them to the back of the circle.

Stamps: Recess, Season of Friendship, Beary Best Friends
Inks: Black Stazon, Early Espresso, Old Olive, SU markers
Papers: Early Espresso, Whisper white, Old Olive.
Accessories: Perfect Polka dot embossing folder, Square lattice embossing folder, dazzling diamonds, metallic brads, 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon, stampin dimensionals 1 38" circle punch, Scallop circle punch

I hope you enjoyed this interpretation of the sketch.
Make a card or project using this sketch created by Sharon Field and upload it on the home page here
Now it is time to visit Patricia Herrara's blog http://mylittlepatchofdirt.blogspot.com to see what this talented designer has created for you.

4 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

Such a cute card! Love those balloons!!

Deb said...

CUTE!! I love how you combined all those stamps to create this card! Love it!

Patrice H said...

Maria, you warmed my heart with your card. I used to love to be on a swing! Such a cleaver idea to use the Season of Friendship on this card I would have never thought about that!!!!! Your attention to detail is amazing. Chat soon my friend!

inkedx2 said...

What a cute kids card. Love your take on the sketch!

Robbie