Sunday, June 12, 2011

Peony Flower - Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge 207

The peonies are blooming in my garden.  Yesterday I cut some and brought them in the house.  They are one of my favourite flowers, but their bloom doesn't last very long.  It seems, despite the wet, cool spring they are blooming early.  Usually they are in bloom when school gets out the end of June.  Here is a picture of one of the colours of Peonies blooming now, and inspired this card.
 















I made this peony flower for the Saturday sketch challenge with Stamping 411 here










Stamp: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Rose Red
Papers: Whisper White, Old Olive, Playdate Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Blossom Petal Punch, Small Oval Punch, rhinestones, Scallop border punch.
Leaves hand cut

If you would like to make this flower, check out the video tutorial done by Vadeler here
She does an excellent job explaining how to make this peony flower


Side view of Peony flower and hand made leaves






Because the flower is 3D, I made an envelope box to match the flower.

My apologies for the blurry image.  Here you have the envelope box and card together.
Paper:  Sahara Sand
Extra Accessories: Small oval punch, 1 3/4 X 7/8" oval punch, Scallop oval punch, 1/4" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon









The peony card fits perfectly in the envelope box.

If you would like to make this envelope box, again Vadeler made a video tutorial for SCS here

8 comments:

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Very cute! I did the same thing with a couple of different colored clematis flowers I have in my garden. I still need to post my second card, but need to put instructions up with that one when I do it...ugg! I don't know how you manage to do a couple of cards and posts a day, but I love looking at them!

Have a great day!
Sara

Margaret said...

OH! This is so pretty! I will have to check out the details on recreating this! TFS!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Too fabulous!!! I just love this and the box. Thanks so much for playing along.

Vicky W said...

Love this Maria & great to see your flowers again!

Selene Kempton said...

Absolutely AWESOME!!! Thank you for sharing!

Connie Babbert said...

I love peonies and love your card! Great idea to put it in a box, too!

gbarron56 said...

wow, Maria -- this is just gorgeous! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Patti Chesky said...

This is jaw-dropping gorgeous! Thanks for providing the links for instructions!