Monday, June 6, 2011

Graduation Cap Gift Card Holder

This is a CASE from Tami after watching her video here It's such a wonderful idea and easy to make, although I did have a bit of trouble getting the ribbon (frayed) right.

I cut out 2 pieces of Basic Black card stock using the Clear Large Scallop Square die and the Big Shot.  Then I proceeded to fray a piece of 1 1/4" Striped Black Grosgrain ribbon by pulling a horizontal thread until I had the length frayed that I wanted.  As I mentioned, I had a bit of trouble with that, yet on the video it looked so easy.  Isn't that the way though.
Next a pierced a hole in the middle of one of the squares.  I also pierced a hole in the end of the ribbon that was not frayed.   A 5/8 neurtral (white) brad inserted first through the ribbon and then through the hole in the card stock.  Excess ribbon was tucked under the brad.
Then I sprayed the top of the cap with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and Frost White shimmer paint.

Each of the squares was then scored 1/2" at one end.  A piece of sticky tape was adhered to one of the scored ends, and the top of the cap was adhered to that, making a hinged card.








For the inside, a 7 X 3 1/2" natural white piece of card stock, was cut and scored in the middle.  On the top half 2 slits were made with the slit punch to hold a gift card.
Sentiments:  Teeny Tiny wishes & Curvy Verses using Basic Black ink.
This piece was snailed to the inside.

1 comment:

Waseem said...

this is so simple and beautiful card holder..i would like to keep it in mind and will use when i have to design Gift Card envelopes..thanks for sharing it.