Sunday, June 19, 2011

For You - Creative Sketches - Technique CS37T



Not only is there a sketch challenge with Creative Sketches this week, but there is also a technique challenge.  Check out the challenge here The technique in question - masking, and this is the technique I used to stamp the images of 3 flowers using 1 stamp.


One thing I like to do is color.  I love to watercolor with crayons, reinkers, markers, ink pads, watercolor pencils, and even chalk.  And I especially love the Aqua painters to colour with, as I don't have to worry about spilling water over my work surface, I always have clean water at my brush tip, and the water comes out of the chamber at just the right amount, and to switch colours all I have to do is wipe the brush on a paper towel a couple of times, and wallah, I'm on to the next color.

My garden is changing every day.  The Irises and Peonies are pretty much done, but the Loosestrife (yellow) and Evening Primrose are starting to bloom - as well as the Astilbe and Daisies.  I collected a bouquet of cut flowers to bring into the house.

I love my flowers, and the stamp set I am using to do with challenge is NOT going to retire!!!  Now that's something to celebrate.

Here's my take on the sketch:

Stamps: Every Moment, Vintage Labels
Inks: Black Stazon, Watercolor crayons (Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point), Early Espresso
Papers: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Garden Gala Designer Paper, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Flocking made by scraping Early espresso cardsock and Daffodil delight cardstock with sharp scissors.  When I had enought, the 2 colors were mixed together with Tombo glue and applied to the center of the flower.  This raised the center of the flowers.  Dazzling diamonds was sprinkled on top of this while the glue was wet.
Oval coluzzle, mat pack and paper piercer, Pearls, Victoria crochet trim, 1/8" daffodil delight grosgrain ribbon, Doily Triple Layer Punch (Image 1) - each punchie was cut in half - each half was placed around the oval as the decorative element., stampin dimensionals.
The butterfly was painted with watercolors, cut out & applied to the flower with a glue dot.

4 comments:

Ret said...

Hi Maria, This is quite pretty. I really like the pearl accent, it sure adds that special touch to it.
thanks for sharing.

Sandi said...

Oh my gosh, Maria, your daisies are gorgeous. Love the addition of the flocking and thank you for sharing the "secret" for making them pop. You are so incredably talented!!

Cynthia said...

Great use of stamps for this technique. The colors are great too. I love it!

Sharon Wheet said...

Sorry this is so late.
I really wanted to let you know that I just love your card! What a wonderful take on our challenge @ Creative Sketches. I think your coloring is so professional! and the dimension you gave to your butterfly is wonderful. Thank you for playing along with us @ Creative Sketches, and I hope you enjoyed creating a card to share with us!