Monday, May 16, 2011

What was I Thinking - Challenge 121

The challenge this week - go back to one of my first posts on my blog, and re-do that card, or just pick any old card I have done and redo it.
I elected to do the latter.
Boy, this was an eye opening.  You don't realize how much your skill in cardmaking has progressed until you go through this process.  When I picked up the card that I was so proud of 2 years ago I couldn't believe I had actually made it - it was awful!!
Here's the card (posted reluctantly):

The card is obviously a fall card and because it is now spring I am redoing it as a spring card.









Quite a change!!
Stamp: Season of Friendship
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Markers (Rose Red, Melon Mambo on the flowers - Soft Suede and Tangerine Tango on the robins)
Papers: So Saffron, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Woodland Walk Designer Paper
Accessories: Elegant Lines embossing folder, Top Note die and Big Shot, Always Artichoke seam binding, Scallop Oval Punch, 1 3/4 X 7/8" oval punch, Small oval punch, pearls, dazzling diamonds.

What do you think of the change.  Is it an improvement?




To help you decide, here is a picture of the 2 card side by side.



No comments: