Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hello - Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 115

I'm having a lot of fun working with bright colors on this dull day - and having a lot of fun working with the new stamp set from the new Occassions mini - Fabulous Florets.  I used the sketch challenge from Sweet Sunday Sketch http://kgiron.blogspot.com/2011/05/sweet-sunday-sketch-challenge-115.html to design this card.














The base of the card is Wild Wasabi, followed by a layer of Melon Mambo that I embossed with the Perfectly Polka dot embossing folder.
Next I cut a piece of Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper and matted it with Pacific Point.
Then I concentrated on the focal point, the flower.  First I stamped the image of the Poppy flower and two leaves on Whisper White card stock using Black Stazon ink.  I wanted the center to be really black, so I embossed the stamens in the center with black embossing powder - applying the Versa Mark with the SU Versamarker Watermark Pen.  This pen is perfect for embossing in small areas or if you've embossed something and a spot has been missed.
I love the Wonder watercolor crayons, and applying it using the Aqua brush painter.  Three colors of shades of pink/red were used for the flower - first Regal rose, followed by Melon Mambo and finally a touch of Real red.  Daffodil delight was used in the center of the flower.  The leaves were colored first with Certainly Celery followed by Old Olive.  The flower and leaves were cut out - the flower mounted with dimensionals and the leaves glued onto the focal panel. Of course, some bling in the form of Dazzling diamonds had to be added to the center of the flower  Before I attached the flower and leaves I colored a small area with daffodil delight and rose red just to give some background color.
The edges of the focal panel were rounded with the Corner Rounder punch, and matted with Pacific Point card stock also with its edges rounded.
The sentiment is from Swirls & Curls verses - stamped in Pacific Point ink on Whisper White card stock and punched out using a 1 1/4" circle punch, then matted with a 1 3/8" circle of Pacific Point card stock.
I liked the little bird and the happy notes I decided to stamp them on the focal image in 2 of the corners.
Pearls provided accents near the top right  of the card above the focal point.

Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Swirls & Curls Verses
Inks: Black Stazon, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Wonder color crayons, Versa marker pen
Papers: Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Beyond the Garden designer paper
Accessories: Perfectly Polka dot embossing folder, Aqua painter brush, Corner rounder punch, 1 1/4" corner rounder punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, stampin dimensionals, Dazzling diamonds, Black embossing powder, pears.

1 comment:

Marie O said...

I love the bright cheery colors on your card. It is a breath of sunshine. Thanks for brightening my day.