Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Way to Go - TSSC 169

 My main computer is havingf internal problems - one that an Internist can't fix - and my son is away for another couple of weeks.  All my pictures etc are on that computer.  So, I transferred the pictures in my camera onto this lap top, but editing the pictures was a steep learning curve. I finally figured the program out after 2 hours!!!  Talk about frustration.  Of course my brain wasn't functioning properly because of the sedation I received this morning - never the less I did it, so I'm able to share my card with you.

This was a really fun card to make.  Coming from a seafaring nation, ships/seagoing vessels are in my blood.  I kept the card black and white - the colors just appealed to me and I just love the look of the finished card.  It would make a perfect masculine card.  I used the Technostamper Sketch challenge here

Stamp: The Open Sea, Happy Greetings
Inks: Basic Black
Papers: Basic black base, Newsprint Designer Paper, Whisper White
Accessories: Scallop trim border punch, Scallop trim corner punch, modern word label punch, Scallop edge punch, 1/8" Basic Black taffeta ribbon, Natural Hemp twine, white brads, dimensionals.

5 comments:

"LZ" Linda Z. said...

FABULOUS!!! LOVE this card. I love making black and white cards, and this is so awesome.

Carol said...

Beautifully Old World...TFS!

Patrice H said...

This card is spectacular!!! WOW!!!!
Great job Maria!

Jane said...

Love this ship card Maria. It is so masculine which is hard to find sometimes. Congradulations on your 10,000 hits on your blog WAY TO GO GIRL.

MJ said...

Wow, this is perfect. Love the black and white. Fabulous job on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along this week! Lots of the regulars found it too hard.