Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sail Away - UDI color challenge #32

The colors for the Utah Divas International color challenge this week are:  Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Basic Gray, and Whisper White - colors that would make a wonderful masculine card.  Here is the blog address
here is my card:

Stamps: Sail Away, Happy Greetings
Inks: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, basic black marker, Versa Mark
Papers: Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Sponges, Scallop oval punch, Clear Embossing Powder

A piece of Whisper White card stock was sponged with Basic Gray along the outside edges first.  I sponged the edges until I was happy with the color.  I then started sponging closer to the center, sponging lighter as I moved closer to the center.  I left a space in the center unsponged.  this I sponged with Daffodil Delight.  I also sponged some of the neighboring Basic Gray with the Daffodil Delight.
I then stamped the image of the sailboat in the middle of the paper (with Basic black ink).
The entire piece of card stock was covered with Versa Mark ink.  It was then covered with Clear embossing powder, and heated with a heat embossing tool.
I punched out a scallop oval punch near the bottom right corner, stamped the sentiment on the white card stock before attaching the various card parts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!!!Thanks for participating. Happy Easter!