Friday, April 29, 2011

Family Day - Creative Sketches CS30H

This week's challenge was not only to make a card using the sketch, but also to depict a holiday/celebration here.  I chose Family Day, which is a holiday here in Ontario, -but I guess one could say any day is Family Day
. Making this card  brought back memories of taking the kids to the playground,  of seeing my children "wheeing" down  the slide, of my daughter playing on the swing singing "Twinkle, twinkle, llittle star----" They grow up so fast!! And now it's Grandma V's turn to take the grandchildren to the park ---and the memories continue.





I used the papers and elements from the Simply Scrappin' Playful Polka Dots kit  to create this bright and colorful card.  Children love these bright colors and so do I.

Stamp: Recess
Inks: Black Stazon, Wonderfolor Crayons, Tempting Turquoise, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive
Papers: Rose Red, Polka dot designer paper (from kit), Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Striped Designer Paper (from kit), Old Olive
Accessories: 2 1/2" circle punch, Circles #2 die, Scallop circles die #3, Crystal Effects (on slide), Tangerine Tango pom pom, die cuts from kit, stitching  (my sewing machine - the lines aren't too straight!)), Photo corner punch, vintage brad, dimensionals, word window punch, Modern label punch.
Sentiment - computer generated.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Oh my gosh, this is adorable Maria!!! I don't have this stamp set yet, but it is on my next order.