Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easter Basket with Spring Flowers - challenge 116

Today I went for a long walk, looking out for flowers that were starting to bloom.  I was really surprised at what I saw considering the cold weather we have been having.  A lonely crocus was poking its head out along with a couple of yellow tulips with orange marking,  The trees aren't budding yet, but a Magnolia tree's buds were quite large and I wouldn't be surprised if this tree blooms in the next couple of days.
Easter is coming soon, so I thought I'd make an Easter Basket decorated with spring flowers

I used a  template from McMahon Five Designs to make the basket.
Stamp: Fabulous Florets (New Mini)
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Versa Mark
Papers; Daffodil Delight, Garden Gala Designer Paper, Pear Pizzazz, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Square Lattice embossing folder, Flower Garden Embossing Folder (I embossed the butterflies with that), 5 Petal Punch, Boho Blossom Punch, Tangerine Tango embossing powder, Wild Wasabi embossing powder (both from the new mini), rhinestones, Beautiful Butterflies die, Scallop trim  border punch, 1 1/4" Old Olive Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Daffodil Delight pom poms, Oval die.

I filled the basket with grass (it's no longer made from paper but plastic!!!) and Easter Eggs.  I have a workshop this weekend and my plan is for the workshop participants to make a Two Tag Easter Basket, and as a surprise will hand them some grass and they can take an Easter Egg from this basket (which will be in the middle of the table).

This is a side view and you can see the grass and the eggs a little better

1 comment:

inkedx2 said...

Another beautiful entry. You are rocking this challenge.

Robbie