Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Buffalo Meets Lovely as a Tree - Challenge 114

We were supposed to get snow flurries over night, but that didn't happen.  Right now its sunny and the Robins are singing.  We're supposed to get a high of plus 1 C - almost tropical!
For today's Challenge 114 card - animals - I immediately thought of the Buffalo as "In Wilderness" is one of my favourite stamp set.
I used the masking technique to create the image.  The sky was burnished with Baja Breeze.  I put Certain Celery on the tree branches, because it is spring, and the trees are starting to leaf.  I just love the delicate color of the newly emerging leaves.  It almost looks like someone has taken the tree out the ground and dipped it in pale green paint.
Here's my card:

Stamps: In Wilderness, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Early Espresso, Markers (Chocolate chip, Certainly Celery, Old Olive)
Papers: Early Espresso, Botanical Gazette designer paper, Whisper White
Accessories: 5/8" Early Espresso Grosgrain ribbon, Curly Label Punch

No comments: