Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hand made book - Nature Walk

Another project using the stamp set Nature Walk and it's coordinating designer paper Botanical Gazelle is this book that I made from packing paper.  This packing paper is affectionately known by all of us as "the snake" that comes in our orders from Stampin Up.  This crumpled paper is ironed out, and I use it for many things - including making books.
This book would be great for a child going on a camping trip, to document a road trip, or to use as a guest sign in at a room and board etc.  I have made several of these and sold them all.  This one is for my craft table this Saturday.
 I won't describe how I made the book, but if you would like me to made a video let me know.
The 'card' on the front cover is based on the Technostamper Sketch challeng 132 here, but again I put the sketch on its side so that it would fit my book.
I started out with Old Olive card stock, upon which I mounted So Saffron.
To make the central image I used the Botanical Gazette designer paper.  To make the image of the bee pop Crystal Effects was applied to them.  I quite like the way it looks.  The edges of all the paper were sponged with Basic Black ink. The central image was mounted on Basic Black cardstock which was embossed with the polka dot embossing folder.
The embellishments are actually from the Buttons, Buttons stamp set.  Five images of a small button were stamped with basic black, punched out with a 3/4" round circle punch, and made into a brad using the build a brad set.
There is no sentiment, but I did put one inside the book.  It was computer generated and states: "Always maintain a kind of summer, Even in the middle of winter"....Henry David Thoreau.

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the backround you have created- great great card! I am loving your blog!!!

Debbie Martin said...

I would really appreciate a video on how to make the scrapbooks, my ladies would love to make one of these, just such a neat project. TFS
Debbie

Alita said...

Hi Maria!
I just happened across your blog and saw the book you made from the Botanical Gazette DSP and the "snake paper" that comes in the SU shipping boxes. Have you made a video on the book yet? I would love to learn how to make one. I just ordered the Open Sea Stamp set and the matching DSP - and would like to use it for the front of the book. this would be for my hubby of 37 years.

If you've made the video already could you give me your youtube name please and I'll go check it out. My email is Bridalflowers2@yahoo.com or alita.long@gmail.com.
Thank you for sharing this project and recycling by using the snake paper.