Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lots of Love - Letterpress Plate Card

I've been intrigued by the Letterpress Plates since they were introduced in the Holiday Mini Catalogue - and continue to be offered in the new Occasions Mini catalogue.  They provide a new crafting option using the Big Shot machine to obtain an inked debossed look reminiscent of old-world letterpess. These plates have  coordinating stamp sets.
The Letterpress plate is inked up using Craft spots, or an Uninked Craft pad filled with a choice of color.  The ink is applied directly using the ink pad  or a brayer.  Layer the Letterpress Plate with card stock using the multipurpose platform and standard cutting pad. (The instructions come with each Letterpress Plate).  Run the 'sandwich' through the Big Shot machine.  Remove the paper carefully, and let the ink dry.
The plates are cleaned using Stampin' Mist and a paper towel.

Here is a card I made using one of the Letterpress Plates:
I used the sample card in the Holiday mini as my starting point, but changed the card somewhat.
Letterpress Plate Lots of Love
Stamp (Coordinates with this plate) Filled with Love
Ink: I used an Uninked Craft stamp pad and inked it up with Real Red Craft Ink (only 1/4 of the reinker was used), Marina Mist
Paper: Real Red, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Accessories: 3/8" Marina Mist Taffeta ribbon, Small heart punch, mini glue dots

I think I avoided using it as I thought it would going to be an involved procedure.  But it was actually quite easy.  The worst part was cleaning the plates.



I had some paper left over so I designed a second card.  Here it is:
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Glimmer Paper, Love Impressions Designer Paper
Accessories: 5/8" Real Red Satin Ribbon, Heart to Heart Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch

A video on how to use Letterpress Plates will be available soon .

No comments: