Sunday, January 23, 2011

Clematis Happy Birthday

 Another snowy day and the thermometer has hit rock bottom.  I haven't left the house all day, choosing instead to make cards and get ready for my workshop this week. I was staring at my computer, resting for a moment, garnering the needed energy to get going.
All of a sudden I took a good look at my screen saver!  It was a picture I had taken early last summer of my pale mauve clematis flowers.  They were so gorgeous!  I knew immediately what I would do - use the Blossom Petals punch and coordinating stamp set to reproduce the flower on the screen.  I know, I've made 3 different flower using this set.....so I make another.  Here it is.  Hope you like it.
Stamps:  Build a Blossom, Create a Cupcake
Inks: Pale Plum (retired), Rich Razzelberry, Wild Wasabi, Rich Razzelberry marker
Papers: Rich Razzelberry, Pale Plum (retired), Natural White, Pear Pizzaz, Whisper White
Accessories: Square Lattice embossing folder, Blossom Petal Punch, Modern Label Punch, 5/8" Rich Razzelberry Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin Dimensionals








 Here's the picture that inspired me.  What do you think?  A good replica?  Notice I even made the bud.  I made that by punching out 3 leaves and over lapping them around each other.

1 comment:

Janie Printz said...

Maria, this is just GORGEOUS !!! Love the look of that wonderful flower & although I've seen the Build a Blossom stamp set I wasn't too impressed until now ... You have taken it to a new level & turned the ordinary into a work of art. Simply amazing. Love the colors & texture.
Hugs, Janie