Thursday, October 14, 2010

Remembrance Day Card

This is a card we made in class last night.  Because I didn't have any military stamps I decided to create my own card for this purpose.  I believe it so important to recognize our military - past , present, and future. My Dad was in the military - in Holland during the German occupation. In remembering Veterans, I am remembering my father, who, until the day he died, would not talk about his experiences during the war.
Paper: Always Artichoke, Ruby Red, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso
Inks: White gel pen, Bravo Burgundy, Real Red markers
Accessories: Antique buttons from my collection, glue dots

All edges of the card, the vanilla ribbon were sponged with Early Espresso.  All the word pieces were also sponged, then dotted lines were made to simulate stitching on a uniform.
The buttons were faux stitched with a tiny sliver of card stock and attached to the ribbon by glue dots.
All enjoyed making this card and I could hear them talking about what their plans were for this card, as a token of their own way of remembering.

1 comment: