Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just for You - Utah Divas International Color Challenge #7

Neutral colours - that's what this challenge is all about.  When I saw the colours I initially rejected the idea of making a card using the required colours:  Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip and Basic Gray.  I thought about it for a couple of days, and today took the plunge.  Hope you like my card.
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Afterthoughts (Hostess)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Whisper White
Inks: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Basic Gray, SU markers (Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Basic Bray)
Accessories: Photo corner punch, brads, dimensionals, dazzling diamonds, basic gray satin ribbon, decorative label punch

I started by sponging Crumb Cake ink on the lower half of the Whisper White card stock, followed by Basic Gray on the top.  A few swipes of Cajun Craze put some colour into the sky.
The grass was stamped with Basic Gray, but markers were used to color the cone flowers.
The edges of this panel were sponged with basic gray as were the photo corners.
The Crumb Cake base card edges were sponged with crumb cake.
I quite like the effect - but it did take some thinking to do.

2 comments:

Liz Goldhawk said...

I really like the way you used the colours in this challenge (this stamp is perfect). I also like the sponging... great card!

Anonymous said...

This is a really lovely card.