Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dahlia Fold Thank You

I love doing punch art - and I love it when one punch can be used to create different projects.  The Dahlia fold card has been around for a while, and I did see it in Stampin Connections by Lee Ann Greff.  However, the one using the new Stampin Up Owl punch is new to me.  It was inspired by a card made by this card.
I used many of the same elements that Lee Ann did, but I changed some as well.
Card base:  Always Artichoke
First layer:  Very Vanilla embossed with Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder
Flower:
To make the flower, punch 7 owl bodies from designer paper ((I believe this paper is retired).  For each petal, fold the body in half, cut off the feet and cut from the ear down to the fold.  Open it back up and fold in each side to overlap and create a point at the bottom.  Curl ends with a bone folder. If you would like a picture of what I am writing about check Lee Ann's blog
Once petals are folded, glue them around a 1 3/4" circle (I used Always Artichoke).  If they don't all fit use one more or less.  I was able to get 5 around my circle, so I guess my folds weren't as tight as they should have been.  Then I cut a scallop circle using Scallop Circle #2 and the Big Shot - again from Always Artichoke.  The Dahlia flower was centered on this scallop, and after poking a hole with a paper piercer, put in an Antique brad.  The whole thing was attached to the card with dimensionals.
Sentiment from:  Watercolor Trio
Other accessories:  Finial Press embossing folder, Scallop Oval punch

No comments: