Monday, June 21, 2010

Star Album

This week I am a guest designer with Hand Stamped Sentiments to make anything but a card.
http://www.handstampedsentiments.blogspot.com/
The project I made was a 3 layered star album, the post of which is hand sewn.  If you would like to make this album, I have put together a tutorial which will be on a separate page on this blog.  Just click on the tutorial hyperlink in the right hand column near the top (please excuse the spelling error.  I couldn't seem to edit it).  If you have any questions e-mail me.
Papers:
Autumn designer paper, chocolate chip card stock, baja breeze card stock, more mustard card stock, card board (I used the card board that comes with the designer paper)
Other:
Chocolate chip satin ribbon, embroidery thread, tombo glue, sticky strip tape







This shows the spine of the album, and if you look closely you can see the hand stitching that has been done


The Star Album is open and tied back with the ribbon to expose the stars.  Here you see 2 of the layers, the blue and the mustard.  The third layer I usually do not attach to the album at this point, because it is much easier to add pictures to this album if these pages are left unattached.  Sticky strip is however attached to either end.




Here I have placed (but not attached) the chocolate chip layer.  More layers can be attached if desired.










Here you can see the 3 layers.



No comments: