Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Hello Irresistible DSP & Waves of Inspiration bundle

 Like I did with the Enjoy the Journey DSP I am challenging myself to make as many cards as I can using the Hello Irresistible DSP - using as many  different stamps that I can.  Frenchie gave me the idea when she created a blog post on using this DSP as scenic backgrounds for cards.  I will be partially casing her ideas for several of my cards.

The new 2023-2024 Annual Catalogue launches soon, and with it new stamps, DSP, etc.  The Hello Irresistible DSP is one of the new DSP and one of the On Line options. Using this DSP as backgrounds for scenic cards allows for the maximum (& creative) use of the paper.

For the first card, I brought out the Waves of Inspiration stamp and dies.


I chose a DSP pattern that reminded me of a stormy sky above the ocean. To stamp the wave image, I used the Stamparatus to stamp  because I knew I would have to stamp repeatedly. (I am so sad this tool is retiring).  I used Basic Gray ink followed by the Night of Navy as the final stamping.  I'm not sure if it made any difference, but I thought I would give it a try.

The Pelican on the log was stamped on Basic White using first Smokey Slate ink, followed by a final stamp of Basic Gray. Again, I used the stamparatus.

The die cut Pelican on a log was added to the bottom left of the image piece using dimensionals.

To finish I added a couple of birds in the sky, and a Happy Birthday die cut sentiment 

The embellishments are rhinestone waves embellishments.


Supplies Used:

Stamp:  Waves of Inspiration

Inks:  Basic Gray, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate

Papers:  Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Hello Irresistible DSP, Basic White

Accessories:  Waves of Inspiration dies, Gray Baker's twine, Dimensionals, Rhinestone Wave Embellishments

No comments: