Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Birthday Roses in a Frame - Make My Monday Challenge #199

 I wanted to make a special birthday gift/card for a special lady who happens to love red roses. 

However, real roses are very expensive so I thought I would make my own.  I am submitting this project to the challenge at Make My Monday challenge #199 Flowers



I used a combination of a spiral flower die and a svg file - a die cutting machine and a Scan n cut machine to make the roses.  The frame I bought in my local Dollar Tree store for $1.50 (Cdn). 

The only alteration I had to make to the frame was to change the paper at the back. so I added a piece Texture of Chic DSP there. I chose this DSP because  it had the same blue colour and gold elements as were present in the frame.

Flirty Flamingo, Real Red, and Cherry Cobbler, were the colours I used to make the different size roses.  The leaves were made using  Granny Apple Green cardstock. 

Each rose was sprayed with a handmade shimmer spritz made using Champagne all purpose ink and 90% alcohol.

The sentiment is one half of a "Happy Birthday" sentiment which I chose because I liked the size and font of the word.  It was stamped and embossed with black embossing powder on Basic White card stock. For added stability, I added a same size piece of light weight chipboard to the back and adhered it to the frame using dimensionals.

Each rose was adhered to the frame using a hot glue gun. .I added leaves to some of the roses before they were added, but most were added without leaves.  .

No comments: