Saturday, January 28, 2023

Playing in the Rain - Pop UP card

 I love making pop up cards and I have made several in the past.  I have used the same dimensions as previous cards, a link to which will be at the end of this post.

For this card I used the Playing in the Rain bundle and the coordinating Rain or Shine DSP. In addition, I used the Raindrops embossing folder as well as the Loose Daisy Embellishments.

The images on the DSP are covered with a shiny material referred to as "UV" in the catalogue.  

I was able to either die cut or cut these shiny images from the DSP using my scan n cut machine.


This is the front of the 5 1/2 by 5 1/2" card.  The base is Balmy Blue card stock, layered with a 5 by 5" piece of Rain or Shine DSP that looks like it is covered with rain drops. To give this paper more texture, I embossed it with the Raindrops embossing folder.
A  Stylish Shapes circle die was used to die cut a circle in Balmy Blue card stock.  An image of a bunny playing in a rain puddle, and throwing an umbrella in the air is placed in the circle, setting the scene for the card. 
On the inside of the card, the raindrops DSP continues.  As on the front, I embossed the DSP with the Raindrops embossing folder. Storm clouds continue to send rain to the occupants below.
The pop up mechanisms are cut in Balmy Blue cardstock.

The various characters from the stamp set/DSP are added to the various layers.  On the top layer I also add a white bridge; on the lower one are umbrellas that have blown away from their owners.

Near the bottom of the card is added some Basic White card stock layered with Old Olive to allow for written messages.

Products Used:
Stamp:  Playing in the Rain
Ink:  Black Memento, Stampin Blends (Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Cajun Craze)
Papers:  Balmy blue, Basic White, Rain or shine DSP, Old Olive
Accessories:  Raindrops embossing folder, Playing in the Rain dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensonals

Here is the link to another pop up card I made : here


No comments: