Saturday, February 12, 2022

Soaring with Swallows - Thinking of You

 When I was about 7 my friends and I used to walk around a quarry that was no loger in use.  In the steep walls were holes, and flying in and out of these holes were swallows, flitting here and there intent on catching  mosquitoes.  I used to marvel at their beauty and their ease of motion.

Those memories came flooding back when I saw the "Soaring with Swallows" stamp set in the new mini catalogue.

My first card with this stamp set and coordinating die is a sympathy card, made in tones of gray and white.



The base and art piece panel are Smokey Slate and the rest of the card elements are white.  The ink used to stamp the sentiment is also Smokey Slate.

Before I started the card, I die cut all the different dies that came with the Swallows die and I must admit I was a bit baffled as to how to make the swallows. But I did figure it out and you see one of the birds in the card above.


The swallow is mounted on a doillie that is now retired but I decided to use it because it provided a perfect back drop for the swallow. The doillie and sentiment piece are added to a piece of Smokey Slate card stock die cut with a Nature's Thoughts Die.  This was adhered to a piece of Basic White cardstock die cut with a Scallop contour die.  All were added to a Smokey Slate card stock base.




To finish the card I added some metallic pearls.

Supplies Used:

Stamp:  Soaring Swallows

Ink:  Smokey Slate

Papers:  Smokey Slate, Basic White

Accessories:  Nature's Thought Dies, Scallop contour die, Swallow dies, Polka dot ribbon, Metallic pearls, dimensionals, pearlized doillie (retired)

No comments: