Thursday, October 21, 2021

Blue Pumpkins

 I have seen white pumpkins, but not blue ones, nor white and blue ones.  In the art world pumpkins can be any colour so my pumpkins on this card, are blue and white.


The pumpkins are from the Pretty Pumpkin stamp set. When I first saw these pumpkins covered in leaf patterns, I was not impressed. Focusing on the other stamps in the set, I totally ignored them, until one day when I challenged myself to work with these pumpkins.  And I now love them!

Here's what I did.  I stamped two pumpkins with Versa Mark on Misty Moonlight card stock and embossed them with white embossing powder.  They were then die cut using the Detailed Pumpkin dies 





The card base of thick Basic White cardstock was layered with Misty Moonlight card stock embossed with the Spider Web embossing folder.

In the center of the front was added a Basic white piece die cut with a Scallop Contour die. Before adding the pumpkins to the bottom of this piece, a grass sprig was die cut with the Harvest dies and added at an angle across the front of this die.  The pumpkins were added over the bottom of this sprig - at an angle and slightly overlapping each other.



The sentiment was stamped with Misty Moonlight ink on Basic White, die cut with a layering circle die and added to the card front on the right side, slightly under the pumpkin.

Some embellishments, and a bat, and the card was done


This is the inside of the card.


Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Pretty Pumpkin
Ink:  Misty Moonlight, Versa Mark
Papers:  Misty Moonlight, Basic White
Accessories:  Detailed Pumpkin Dies, Nature Dies, Seasonal Swirl dies (bar), White embossing powder, Layering Circle dies, Scallop Contour Die, Dimensionals



No comments: