Thursday, April 8, 2021

Happy Otterversary

 No, I did not misspell Anniversary.

I was commissioned to make an anniversary card featuring two otters holding hands.  Apparently one of the partners was crazy about Otters, and loved otter puns.

This topic was new for me so I started out doing a bit of research. I was surprised at the amount of otter related material there was. From that material I was able to download some pictures to colour and some otter puns to go with them.

This is the card:


It’s a z- fold with a finished size of 5 by 5 inches

To make it I took a 5 by 10” piece of Pretty Peacock card stock, scored it at 5 1/2” and at 8 1/4”. To form the Z, the card stock was first folded in the middle at 5 1/2” after which the other score line in the middle of the now front panel was folded back upon itself.

From the remainder of the Pretty Peacock cardstock I cut a smaller strip 2 by 10” which was scored the same as the card base. When I attached this to the card base I reversed the position of the score lines.

The Whale Done DSP, matted with Basic White cardstock, was used to decorate all surfaces of the card, including the strip.


 




 
The otters that were downloaded from the computer were coloured with Stampin’ Blends- a mixture of Crumb Cake, Smokey Slate, and Gray Granite. I then fussy cut them.
The two holding hands were adhered to a Basic White rectangle embossed with the Seabed Embossing folder and added to the front folded back panel.   A heart with the number 10 was placed in their hands and a red heart above their heads

The other two were positioned around a punny otter sentiment “ You are my significant otter”

Some sea grass was fussy cut from the DSP and adhered to the inside top edge of the strip before it was added to the card base.

Another sentiment was added to the strip using in part a die cut “happy” from the Well Saidset. Another otter pun completed the sentiment

On the back of the card I added some Basic White cardstock _ a place to write a personal note.

To finish the card, I added some DSP to a envelope flap





No comments: