Sunday, January 31, 2021

A Hydrangea Birthday Card for my Sister

 My sister's birthday is next month so I thought I would get a head start. When she visited me last year she commented on the hydrangea's in my garden, so for her birthday card I used the Hydrangea Haven Suite - and my goodness, the Stamp, dies and especially the DSP took my breath away.  I fell in love!  Well, not really, but  you know what I mean.

The Hydrangea Haven DSP makes the card for you.  No, really!  I'll show you the card I made for her birthday, and then I'll show you some other cards I made using mainly the DSP.


The card base is Misty Moonlight card stock (9 by 7" scored at 3 1/2") layered with Seaside Spray ( 8 3/4 by 3 1/4") and then the Hydrangea Haven DSP (8 1/2 by 3").  
This DSP is a 12 by 12 " piece with those large gorgeous Hydrangeas along the entire top and bottom.  Those lovely Hydrangeas are actually part of the DSP.

In the space above the blooms, the birthday sentiment from "Happiest Birthday" was stamped using Misty Moonlight ink. That's it!  That's all the stamping!

To finish the card front, I just added 3 of the lovely pastel pearls, which coordinate with this Suite.  They come in Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, and Rococco Rose.  I used the Highland Heather pearls.

I you're wondering about an envelope for this slim line card - it fits a regular business envelope.  I just added some DSP on the flap and it was also decorated.  What could be more easy than this!


As promised, here is another card I made using this same DSP.  It involves a few more layers of paper, and a few more steps but again the DSP is the star!


The DSP was die cut with the Stitched Rectangle die and adhered to the Hydrangea Hill Mercury Glass Designer Acetate.  You can see it peeking out from behind the DSP.  Because the card base is Gorgeous Grape card stock, I place a Whisper White layer behind the Acetate layer so it would be more visible.

Some 1/2" Open Weave ribbon was wrapped around the lower end with a bow added along the left end.

The sentiment, stamped in Gorgeous grape and die cut with the Ornate layer die, is from "Peaceful Moments".  It is added to the card front with dimensionals.

Stay tuned in future blog posts for more cards made with this lovely suite.





No comments: