Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Bringing Tree Home to the Rustic Cabin

 I didn't know crafting meant so much to me until, due to illness, I was unable to do any. However, I am slowly recovering and in the last few days I have been able to make a few cards.

This is one of those cards. This year I am really enjoying sponging and creating scenes using stamps.

It's getting close to Christmas and many people are bringing Christmas trees into their homes. Because many people are staying home because of travel restrictions dur to the pandemic the demand for Christmas trees is very high.  Some tree farms are even running out of trees to sell and a shortage is predicted.

This did not stop this Gnome. He took it upon himself to get his own Christmas tree to take to the Rustic cabin where he was staying.


To create this scene I first sponged the sky making it look cold and wintery. I used Pool Party and Night of Navy inks, adding some snow flakes using a white paint pen. 

After sponging the sky, I added the Cabin and tree lines   All were coloured with Stampin' Blends.

To mimic a snow bank, a piece of die cut Dazzling Diamond (retired) glimmer paper was adhered to the bottom.

On a separate piece of Whisper White card stock, a Gnome was stamped, coloured, fussy cut and then added to the snow bank using dimensionals. Behind him was added a die cut tree.


Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Rustic Retreat, Gnome for Christmas

Inks:  Pool Party, Night of Navy, Black Memento, Stampin' Blends (Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Granite Gray, Flirty Flamingo, Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow

Papers:  Old Olive, Whisper White, Dazzling Diamond Glimmer

Accessories:  In the Pine dies, Linen thread, Dimensionals, Blending brush, White paint pen (non SU)


No comments: